There are volunteer
opportunities for people to be involved in a
number of areas.
AVIS is currently (June 2015) seeking volunteers for two important activities - we are starting a Technology Committee to help improve our use of new technologies for communication with our members and users, to update the website, and to digitize our trail map. We also seek Kiosk Wardens to help update the kiosks that have been constructed at trail heads.
AVIS wardens need volunteers on a regular
- Help with work parties on the reservations
- Clear trails in the spring
- Trim invasive plants in the fall
AVIS also needs volunteers to:
- Lead nature hikes
- Help with the AVIS table at various community events
- Provide pictures or articles for the AVIS newsletter
- Help with regular mailings
If you are interested in volunteering in any of
these capacities, please
click here to send us your